Did you know Amazon is currently home to over 350 million products? This type of choice is what makes the platform the most popular online retailer on the planet. Yet for sellers, the sheer number of items can make successfully selling on Amazon a serious challenge.
To stand out in an ocean of products, sellers have to be savvy in their approach. Not only do they require items that appeal to potential customers, but they have to market these effectively.
Regarding the latter, one of the best solutions is Amazon pay-per-click (PPC). This starter guide will take a quick look at Amazon PPC, including what it is and how to best utilize this advertising solution.
What is Amazon PPC?
For third-party sellers to promote their products, Amazon provides numerous tools to get the job done. One of these is Amazon PPC. This is an advertising solution that allows Amazon sellers to produce a range of ad campaigns. With these campaigns, they can supply their products with added visibility, which in turn should lead to greater sales numbers.
As mentioned, there are different ad campaigns available for Amazon sellers to use. These are:
- Sponsored Products: The most common option, Sponsored Products, are like the type of PPC ads you’d use for Google search results. Determined by keywords, your ads are placed alongside normal product listings for relevant Amazon searches.
- Sponsored Brands: While similar to Sponsored Products in terms of keyword targeting, Sponsored Brand ads differ because they don’t stick with promoting one product at a time – it covers numerous products, and these are placed at the top of Amazon search results.
- Sponsored Display: Rather than target keywords, Sponsored Display ads focus on shopper behaviors, interests, and product browsing history. These ads can also appear both on and off Amazon.
How to best use Amazon PPC for your products
Amazon PPC is excellent for promoting your products. As highlighted above, there are also three main routes you can take with campaigns. However, while it may seem simple, it’s not a walk in the park to create effective ads. In fact, it’s pretty much the opposite.
The best option is to work with an Amazon marketing specialist. As noted by Nuanced Media, an Amazon PPC specialist is required to avoid overspending on ads. They’ll also help to put together a strategy that maximizes reach, visibility, and conversions for your products. Continual data monitoring and reporting is also part of the plan, helping to further refine and optimize.
Yet if your marketing budget is restricted at the moment, here are some tips to get the most out of your PPC campaigns:
- Ensure all Amazon PPC campaigns remain consistent in their structure
- With Sponsored Brands, the products should all be similar
- Target long-tail keywords rather than more general ones
- Use automation to simplify managing your PPC campaigns
- Perform keyword research by utilizing automatic campaigns
With any PPC campaign, it’s also important you keep track of everything that’s going on. If you realize there’s no demand for a product, for example, it’s best to stop advertising, save your dollars, and invest them elsewhere.