Tips and Tricks To Command Prompt Tricks
There exist tons of windows command prompt tricks that you can use, learn and impress other people. Some people may not have the knowledge about how to abort a command or how to watch star wars in command prompt. You will be learning some beautiful command tricks in this article. Windows command prompt may look like a black and white world to some users. But the people who are experienced may know the power of command hacks and tricks. To use command prompt you need to fire up the command prompt by typing CMD in windows search. Right-click on CMD to run it as an administrator.
Useful Windows command prompt tricks
1. Command history
- 1 1. Command history
- 2 2. Run multiple commands
- 3 3. Use function keys and become a pro user.
- 4 4. See PC driver list
- 5 5. Send output to clipboard
- 6 6. Abort a command
- 7 7. Make your command Prompt colorful
- 8 8. Create Wi-Fi hotspot right from the command prompt
- 9 9. Scan system files for problems
- 10 10. Start using batch files
- 11 11. Fix issues with DNS resolver cache
- 12 12. Speed up internet using CMD trick
- 13 13. Find Wi-Fi Password using CMD of all connected networks
- 14 14. Create bootable USB in windows 10 using command prompt
- 15 15. Remove virus from USB or any drive on windows 10 using CMD
- 16 16. Hide any drive in windows : command prompt trick
- 17 17.vEnable Ctrl + c / Ctrl + V for copy – pasting in command prompt
- 18 18. Check DNS records using basic Nslookup command examples
- 19 19. Fis “ do you want to scan and fix removable disk” error in windows
- 20 Conclusion
By using this command, you can track your command history. It can be useful for you when you are trying to look for some command that you have used in the past, which you can’t remember.
2. Run multiple commands
If you want to run two commands one after another you can do it easily. Add this to your collection of CMD hacks. You only have to do is put “&&” between each command and save some time.
3. Use function keys and become a pro user.
The function key is one out of the most useful CMD tricks. There are a lot of these keys which can improve your CMD experience.
4. See PC driver list
When you use a simple command, you can see all the drivers which is installed on your computer. What you have to do is run the driverquery command, and you will see a list of all the drivers along with their type, name and other information.
5. Send output to clipboard
Sometimes, you may have felt the need to save the output of a command< usually people do copy and paste. However you can use a simple command that uses pipe operator from which you can send the command’s output to the windows clipboard.
6. Abort a command
This handy windows CMD trick comes to save you when you have pressed the enter key, and you have to stop the command in its track? To do this, you need to do a Ctrl+C. Therefore, this is not a magic trick that you can undo an undoable thing.
7. Make your command Prompt colorful
You can change the color of the windows command prompt to make it look visually beautiful. To do that, right-click in the top corners of the command prompt window and choose properties. Then, find the colors tab and look for the options to change the background and text color.
8. Create Wi-Fi hotspot right from the command prompt
Before opening the command prompt to execute the commands needed for this, you will have to open control panel and find change adapter settings in the network and sharing option. Then, there click on the connection you are using and tap on properties. Now search for the sharing tab and check the option ‘ allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.
9. Scan system files for problems
The scannow command allows you to run a system file checker tool that scans windows system files and searches for problems. If some files are missing or corrupted, then this command fixes them.
10. Start using batch files
You may already know that batch files can make your life a way more easier when dealing with multiple commands more often. If you have the habit of using the same CMD commands, you can create a batch file and do away with the task of typing them repeatedly. All you have to do is run the batch file.
11. Fix issues with DNS resolver cache
12. Speed up internet using CMD trick
13. Find Wi-Fi Password using CMD of all connected networks
14. Create bootable USB in windows 10 using command prompt
15. Remove virus from USB or any drive on windows 10 using CMD
16. Hide any drive in windows : command prompt trick
17.vEnable Ctrl + c / Ctrl + V for copy – pasting in command prompt
18. Check DNS records using basic Nslookup command examples
19. Fis “ do you want to scan and fix removable disk” error in windows
Above are some useful windows command prompt tricks. Hope this article is helpful for you and solves all your problem.